Beautiful Brioche Basics
Brioche knitting may seem daunting, but is really just a simple combination of stitches. Join us for this single session class that will guide you through the basics, all while working up a simple and beautiful cowl.
Prerequisites: CO, k, p, yo, k2tog, p2tog, BO
Materials: 1 skein each of 2 different colors of worsted weight yarn, approx 220yds each, US 6 32″ circular needles, and a printed copy of Gina’s Brioche Hat and Cowl pattern (free from Purl Soho)
Cost: $20 per person, plus supplies, 6 student maximum
Dates and Times: Saturday, June 9th from 3:30-5:30pm CLASS IS FULL, KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FUTURE DATES/TIMES
Instructor: Alexis N.
Double Knitting Basics
Are you looking for a fun alternative to Fair Isle knitting? Look no further than Double Knitting! Double Knitting produces a fabric that lays flat, is nice and thick for warmth in accessories or protecting your counters from a hot pot, all with the added bonus of being completely reversible (each side is a color negative of the opposite side!). In this single session class you’ll be making a simple hot pad that you’ll be dying to show off at dinner.
Prerequisites: CO, k, p, BO
Materials: Approx. 50yds each of 2 colors of worsted weight yarn, US 6 needles, tapestry needle, and a copy of TPHPE by Heather Zoppetti (free on Ravelry!)
Cost: $20 per person, plus supplies (if needed; you may use scraps for this project), 6 student maximum
Dates and Times: Saturday, June 23rd from 3:30-5:30pm
Instructor: Alexis N.
What are your classes like?
It is our goal to help you learn new techniques in order to expand the knowledge of your chosen craft and have fun while doing it! Your Shop Theorist teachers have been carefully chosen and will do their absolute best to see that you succeed. Classes are usually offered while the shop is closed to help keep distractions to a minimum. In order to be sure you get the attention you deserve, our classes will be limited to 6 students (any exceptions will be noted). Each session will be no longer than 2 hours. The bottom line? We want you to have a good time learning and hope you enjoy the opportunity to get to know some of your fellow yarn theorists a bit better!
Help! I’m stuck on something we learned in class!
If you need some clarification of a new skill between sessions or after your class has ended, stop by during our regular business hours so one of our Shop Theorists can assist you. We want to be sure you end up with an amazing finished project!
What happens if I feel that I need some one-on-one time?
Private classes are offered as Shop Theorists and teachers are available, and at a rate of $20 per hour (minimum one hour). If interested, please let one of our Shop Theorists know so we can work to have some time scheduled just for you.
- Class enrollments are taken on a first come, first served basis. Payment is expected at the time of enrollment.
- Materials needed to participate in class must be purchased from String Theory Yarn Shop. This helps ensure that you are choosing appropriate materials and also helps us keep our doors open. As a result of this policy, you will receive 20% off of any items purchased for your enrolled class.
- We ask that you purchase and have yarn wound at least one day before your first session so class can start on time.
- Classes must meet the minimum requirement of three enrolled students in order to run. If there are not enough students enrolled by one week before the start of class, that class will be cancelled/rescheduled and you will have the option to transfer payment to another class or receive a refund.
- If you are unable to attend class for whatever reason you must notify us at least 48 hours before the first class session. If you do not notify us that you are unable to attend and do not show you will not be issued a refund.
- Our Shop Theorist teachers have worked hard to put lesson plans and materials together for your class. Please be respectful of them and your fellow students and arrive a few minutes before the start of class to get situated. We also ask that cell phones be turned off once class begins.
- Unless otherwise noted, all classes are for adults only.