We’re here to tell you all about our next knit-along! For this mystery KAL, you will be working on a scarf either stranded in the round or double knit. But this one has a little twist to make it even more special. Instead of a regular, run of the mill KAL, this one is story driven and the choices you make will affect the patterning that goes into your scarf. The best part? No two scarves will be alike! Okay, it’s mathematically possible for two to be the same, but the odds are stacked against that. Here are all of the details you’ll need to know before the fun begins:
What is Heroes of Yarnia?
Heroes of Yarnia is a fun role playing game that, when finished, creates a unique scarf.
When and where is the KAL taking place?
Heroes of Yarnia will run for nine weeks starting Saturday, June 3rd and every following Saturday through July 29th. It will be hosted here at the shop from 3:30-5:30pm. We will spend around 45 minutes on the story each week, and the remaining time we can work on our scarves together all while nomming on some tasty snacks and beverages.
What will I need?
- A set of 6/7 dice (available for $3.99 at Save Point across the plaza from the shop): D20, D12, D10, D8, D6, D4, D% (optional, you can re-roll a D10). If you don’t want to go the dice route, you can always use a random number generator on a phone or tablet.
- A copy of the Yarn Quest 2017 – Heroes of Yarnia RPG MKAL pattern (you will need to purchase this on your own through Ravelry, it is not available for in store sale)
- 1600yds total fingering weight yarn, 800yds main color and 800yds contrast color
- US 2 (2.75mm) 16″ circular needle for stranded version
- US 2 (2.75mm) straights, 16″, 20″, or 24″ circular needle for double knit version
- Stitch markers
- Tapestry needle
This looks COOL! How do I sign up?
You can save your spot by purchasing one of the skeins of yarn you’ll need for your project. We’ll hold the remaining skeins here at the shop for you, that way you don’t need to worry about the colors you love disappearing! At the first session, you’ll need to purchase one skein of your second color, and you’ll have up through the last session to buy your remaining skeins.